Download This Torrent
||Books > Ebooks
TCP/IP Sockets in Java: Practical Guide for Programmers
Author(s) : Kenneth L. Calvert, Michael J. Donahoo
Publisher : Morgan Kaufmann; 1st edition
Date : 2001
Pages : 128
Format : PDF
ISBN : 1558606858
Most Internet applications use sockets to implement network communication protocols. TCP/IP Sockets in Java: Practical Guide for Programmers, with its focused, tutorial-based coverage, helps you master the tasks and techniques essential to virtually all client-server projects using sockets in Java. Later chapters teach you to implement more specialized functionality; incisive discussions of programming constructs and protocol implementations equip you with a deeper understanding that is invaluable for meeting future challenges. No other resource presents so concisely or so effectively the exact material you need to get up and running with Java sockets programming right away.
* Concise, no-nonsense explanations of issues often troublesome for students, including message construction and parsing, underlying mechanisms and Java I/O.
* Comprehensive example-based coverage of the most important TCP/IP techniques-including iterative and threaded servers, timeouts and asynchronous message processing.
* Includes a detailed, easy-to-use reference to the relevant JAVA class libraries.
* A companion Web site provides online code for all the example programs given in the book.
* Provides a guide to common errors and a reference offering detailed documentation of the sockets interface.
* Perfect for a practitioner who may even want just to "look into" this technology.
* Provides tutorial-based instuction in key sockets programming techniques, focusing exclusively on Java and complemented by example code.
* Covers challenging sockets programming issues: message construction and parsing, underlying TCP/IP protocol mechanisms, Java I/O, iterate and threaded servers, and timeouts.
* Includes references to the relevant Java class libraries that often go beyond the "official" Java documentation in clarity and explanation.
* Provides code for all example programs, along with additional exercises, via companion Web site