Download This Torrent
||Software > Windows
Audacity is a digital audio editor and recording application.
Some of Audacity's features include:
* Importing and exporting WAV, AIFF, MP3 (via the LAME encoder, downloaded separately), Ogg Vorbis, all file formats supported by libsndfile library
* Version 1.3.2 also supports Free Lossless Audio Codec (FLAC)
* Recording and playing sounds
* Editing via Cut, Copy, Paste (with unlimited Undo)
* Multi-track mixing
* A large array of digital effects and plug-ins. Additional effects can be written with Nyquist
* Amplitude envelope editing
* Noise removal
* Support for multi-channel modes with sampling rates up to 96 kHz with 24 bits per sample
* The ability to make precise adjustments to the audio's speed while maintaining pitch (Audacity calls it changing tempo), in order to synchronize it with video, run for the right length of time, etc.
* The ability to change the audio's pitch without changing the speed.
* Converting cassette tapes or records into digital tracks by automatically splitting one wav (or the other supported types) track into multiple tracks based on silences in the track and the export multiple option.
* Multi-platform: works on Windows, Mac OS X, and Unix-like systems (including GNU/Linux and BSD) amongst others.
The latest versions support Windows 98/ME/2000/XP/Vista, but Windows 95 and NT are not supported.
* Audacity uses the wxWidgets software library to provide a similar graphical user interface on several different operating systems.
Audacity can also be used for post-processing of all types of audio, including podcasts. It can be used for finishing podcasts by adding effects such as normalization, trimming, and fading in and out.