Download This Torrent
||Books > Ebooks
Guide to the Wiring Regulations: 17th Edition IEE Wiring Regulations
Publisher: Wiley | Pages: 302 | 2008-03-24 | ISBN 0470516852 | PDF | 20.9 MB
Essential for electrical installers and installation designers, the IEE Wiring Regulations (BS 7671) have been completely restructured and updated for the first time in over a decade: this 17th Edition of the IEE Wiring Regulations (BS 7671: 2008) will come into effect in June 2008. Guide to the Wiring Regulations is an authoritative and accessible guide to the 17th Edition, illustrating the changes and providing real solutions to the problems that can often occur with practical interpretation.
Written and developed by the Electrical Contractors’ Association, Guide to the Wiring Regulations brings a wealth of experience to the subject and offers clear explanations of the changes in the Standard. Starting with full coverage of the legal requirements the book then goes on to:
* provide extensive advice on circuit design, selection and erection, wiring systems, earthing and bonding;
* explore the additional requirements of the Standard for protection against voltage disturbances and implementation of measures against electromagnetic influences (EMC);
* elaborate on the alterations to the inspection and testing requirements;
* feature practical information on the new special locations included in the 17th Edition, particularly exhibitions, shows and stands, floor and ceiling heating systems, mobile or transportable units and photovoltaic power systems;
* highlight the changes made in the new edition to existing special locations, including bathrooms, swimming pools, agricultural and horticultural premises and caravan/camping parks.
Guide to the Wiring Regulations is an outstanding resource for all users of the 17th Edition IEE Wiring Regulations (BS 7671: 2008) including electricians who want a better understanding of the theory behind the Standard, electrical technicians, installation engineers, design engineers, and apprentices. Both trainees and practitioners will find this guide indispensable for understanding the impact of the changes introduced in the 17th Edition (BS 7671: 2008).